Tifway (Tiffway 419 / T-419) Bermudagrass
Tifway is characterized as having a dark green color and leaves that
are medium fine textured. Tifway hybrid bermudagrass is dense with a
medium to low growth habit. This variety is a vigorous grower and thus
establishes quickly at planting.
Tifway is commonly used on golf course fairways and tees, sport
fields, in the landscape and other high use and visible surfaces in
- grows best in hot climates and may become dormant after
frost but recovers quickly when temperatures warm
- drought tolerant
- provides the fast recuperative rates from traffic and wear with proper maintenance
- exhibits dense growth, when properly maintained, competes with the presence of many turf weeds
- demonstrates tolerance or quick recovery from pest damage with proper maintenance
- can tolerate relatively high soil and water salt concentrations
- propagated as sprigs (rhizomes, stolons and stems) or as sod.
- Can be installed when sod is dormant
Bermuda grass is NOT for shady lawns!!
The standard for more than 40 years for hybrid bermudagrasses. This
medium textured, dark green selection provides good color and wear
||Poor (4-6 hours Min)
||High (4 times yearly)
|Peak Mowing Requirement
||4 to 7 days (weekly summer cuts)