St. Augustinegrass is native to the Gulf of Mexico, the West
Indies and Western Africa and has been planted in home lawns in the US
since the 1800's. This medium green colored turf is adapted from the
Carolina coasts to Texas and into Mexico.
Mercedes St. Augustine, has superior performance, is
well suited for home lawns and commercial landscapes throughout the
Mid- to Deep South.
Mercedes provides the following:
- More cold tolerance than other St. Augustine varieties
- Medium-finer leaf texture than other St. Augustine varieties
- Spreads by surface runners and roots quickly
- Shade and summer heat tolerant
- Salt tolerant
- Can be mowed at heights of 1 to 3 inches
Mercedes is a proprietary variety of the Patten Seed Company and is produced and distributed by Super-Sod ® farms.
This newly selected St. Augustine is best adapted to the middle and
lower south. Mercedes provides a coarse textured, shade tolerant,
attractive colored lawn sought by homeowners and landscape architects
alike. Noted for its winter hardiness.
|Peak Mowing Requirement
||7 to 10 days